We are in bull mode here. Palo Alto Networks has just reported a dandy of a quarter.
Total revenue for the fiscal first quarter 2018 grew 27 percent year over year to $505.5 million, compared with total revenue of $398.1 million for the fiscal first quarter 2017. GAAP net loss for the fiscal first quarter 2018 was $64.0 million, or $0.70 per diluted share, compared with GAAP net loss of $56.9 million, or $0.63 per diluted share, for the fiscal first quarter 2017.
Non-GAAP net income for the fiscal first quarter 2018 was $69.8 million, or $0.74 per diluted share, compared with non-GAAP net income of $51.2 million, or $0.55 per diluted share, for the fiscal first quarter 2017.
Recent Highlights you should be aware of:
- Released Traps version 4.1 – Traps™, advanced endpoint protection offering, now offers additional features that enable customers to prevent malware and kernel exploit attacks by monitoring for new techniques and ransomware behavior, and upon detection, prevents the attack and resulting encryption of the data.
- Expanded Aperture SaaS security service – Aperture™, Cloud Access Security Broker offering, now provides application protection for several Amazon®Web Services (AWS®) solutions, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, AWS Identity and Access Management and Amazon Simple Storage Service. These new capabilities enable organizations to achieve even more protection for AWS, as well as address critical cloud security needs. In addition, Aperture support for Office 365® and Google® applications has been enhanced to include cloud-based email services and G Suite Marketplace applications.
- Earned the NSS Labs’ “Recommended” rating in its Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System test – In the NSS Labs 2017 Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) test, platform achieved a “Recommended” rating for its block rate, resistance to evasions, and performance.
- Joined forces with Telefónica Business Solutions – Telefónica Business Solutions, a leading provider of a wide range of integrated communication solutions for the B2B market, announced the launch of Clean Pipes 2.0, a software-based security service jointly designed by Telefónica Business Solutions; ElevenPaths, Telefónica’s cybersecurity unit; and Palo Alto Networks. The Palo Alto Networks security platform safely enables all applications and enables Clean Pipes 2.0 to deliver highly automated, preventive protection against cyberthreats at all stages in the attack lifecycle without compromising performance.
- Recognized by Fortune Magazine for innovation – companyrecently honored to be named to Fortune®Magazine’s Top 50 Companies Changing the World and Future 50 lists, recognizing the work company is doing to “empower businesses to fend off cyberattacks” with its security platform and the extension thereof to build security applications on top of it. This acknowledgement by Fortune underscores its commitment to innovation and its dedication to improving security outcomes for ts customers.
- Opened new Santa Clara, Calif. headquarters – On September 21, it announced the grand opening of its new state-of-the-art LEED Silver U.S.headquarters. The new campus was designed to foster a culture of innovation and teamwork among employees in pursuit of achieving the company’s mission to prevent successful cyberattacks and maintain trust in the digital age.
For the fiscal second quarter 2018, it expects:
- Total revenue in the range of $518 to $528 million, representing year-over-year growth between 23 percent and 25 percent. Product revenue in the range of $185 to $188 million, representing year-over-year growth between 10 percent and 11 percent.
- Total billings in the range of $640 to $655 million, representing year-over-year growth between 14 percent and 17 percent.
- Diluted non-GAAP net income per share in the range of $0.78 to $0.80 using 94 to 96 million shares.
For the fiscal year 2018, it expects:
- Total revenue in the range of $2.145 to $2.185 billion, representing year-over-year growth between 22 percent and 24 percent. Product revenue in the range of $755 to $770 million, representing year-over-year growth between 6 percent and 9 percent.
- Total billings in the range of $2.650 to $2.710 billion, representing year-over-year growth between 16 percent and 18 percent.
- Diluted non-GAAP net income per share in the range of $3.35 to $3.41 using 96 to 98 million shares.
We want you to join our community, for FREE.
Benefits of signing up for a FREE membership now:
-No more costly delays in waiting for material
-Dozens of publications per week, including news coverage, earnings commentary, analysis, politics, and more
-Access to special guest contributions, including from WSJ, CNBC, and prolific SA authors
–Ability to comment on articles
–Access to our weekly newsletter
-Publish your own opinion/analysis
…..and FREE access to our upcoming paid content for life
Thank you for your readership, and for your loyalty.
Not interested? We understand. However, you will miss out on the insights we have provided over the years, that helped drive us to the NUMBER ONE AUTHOR on long ideas on the Seeking Alpha Platform,