Tesla delivers 308,000 vehicles in the Q4, topping expectations
- SUMMARY: The company has reported production of more than 305,000 vehicles and deliveries of over 308,000 vehicles vs. 263,422 consensus in Q4. The company delivered 180,570 electric vehicles in 4Q20.
- 4Q Model S/X deliveries 11,750.
- 4Q Model 3/Y deliveries 296,850.
- 4Q production 305,840 vehicles.
- 4Q Model S/X production 13,109.
- 4Q Model 3/Y production 292,731.
- In 2021, the company delivered over 936,000 vehicles vs. 499,550 vehicles in 2020.
“Our net income and cash flow results will be announced along with the rest of our financial performance when we announce Q4 earnings. Our delivery count should be viewed as slightly conservative, as we only count a car as delivered if it is transferred to the customer and all paperwork is correct. Final numbers could vary by up to 0.5% or more. Tesla (TSLA) vehicle deliveries represent only one measure of the company’s financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles.”